In this article I will show you the formulas to calculate daily, monthly, yearly and continuous compound interest by using examples and Python.
How to Use Python to Code a Debt Avalanche Calculator
In this article I will cover how to use Python to import a list of debts and calculate the amount that should be paid every month of repayment. Then I will show you how to tease out important information such as the total interest paid by loan and the number of months each loan spends in repayment.
Hack Together a Debt Snowball Calculator With Python
In this article I will show how to code your own Debt Snowball Calculator in Python. I will cover how to create your own snowball function and plot out relevant results.
Simulate the 4 Percent Rule for Retirement with Python
In this article I will cover how to construct a simulation with the 4% rule for retirement as the premise in Python. Within the code you can adjust your own planning considerations and plot out your expected returns based on the random assignment of historical stock market returns over a defined period.
How to Use Python to Model Paying Off Your Mortgage Early
In this article I will show you how to wield Python to calculate the benefit of paying additional money towards your mortgage. Scenarios where an additional amount is paid every month, or even midway through the loan period will be considered.
Simulate Dollar Cost Averaging with Python
In this article I show how to pull in data for various stocks and simulate how dollar cost averaging would have performed over a custom time period using Python code.
What is the 60/40 Portfolio?
The 60/40 Portfolio is and has been the standard recommendation by financial advisors far and wide to build a generic moderate or ‘average’ risk portfolio. 60% of its construction is made up from U.S. Large Cap Stocks and the other 40% should be considered investment grade bonds.
Managing Subscriptions and Paying Yourself First
Over the last several years, things that we used to pay for atomically have now become subscriptions. But are subscriptions a good thing? How do we manage them and gauge when they are getting out of control? I’ll cover this and more in this article.
Resources for Using Python with Robinhood
In this blog post I’ve consolidated several resources to get you on your way with using Python to trade at Robinhood through the ‘Robinhood API’. Robinhood’s democratization of investing for small time investors has been a great boon for bringing complex investing tools to the masses.
Should You Invest in Target Date Funds for Retirement?
Is investing in a Target Date Fund for retirement a good idea? What are the pros and cons? Are there any recommendations for selecting a Target Date? And finally, what happens after the Target Date? I’ll go over all these topics and more in this article.